May 22, 2011
Digicel Fiji today announced that Digicel Mobile Money customers can now pay their electricity bills using theirDigicel Mobile Wallet.
Digicel Mobile Money provides a convenient option for financial services such as money transfer, bill payment and 24/7 top up. This new partnership with the Fiji Electricity Authority further enhances the Digicel Mobile Money service allowing customers pay their bills 24/7 using their Digicel Mobile phone. Simply dial *888# send, select the Pay Bill option, register your FEA account number and then pay your bill.
Customers can easily deposit and withdraw money from their mobile Wallets at over 150 locations in Fiji; at Digicelstores, select Post Fiji outlets, all Westpac and BSP branches throughout Fiji. The service is available in English, Fijian and Hindustani. Simply dial 123 to select your language option.
David Butler, Digicel CEO says; “The FEA Bill payment feature on Digicel Mobile Money is easy to use and allows customers to pay their electricity bills 24/7 without having to stand in long queues. This is another example of howDigicel sets the standards in Fiji with innovative customer focused services and another reason to join the DigicelMobile Money revolution.”
Hasmukh Patel, CEO of Fiji Electricity Authority said, “We are delighted to offer our customers a safe, secure and convenient way to pay their electricity Bill using Digicel Mobile Money.”
To register for mobile money simply dial *888# and press send.
Summary of Digicel Mobile Money services:
(for further details: www.digicelmobilemoney.com )
· Activate your Digicel Mobile Money wallet by dialing *888# on your Digicel handset
· Simple, secure mobile to mobile money transfers to any mobile in Fiji
· Cash lodgment and withdrawals at selected Digicel and Post Fiji outlets Westpac and BSP branches nationwide.
· The ability to instantly buy and send Top Up
· Pay bill: Digicel PostPaid Bill, Unwired Fiji and now FEA
· Check balance and transaction history and manage security password